Effective date: 30.04.2018
Last updated: 07.01.2020
Updates to the policy:
Updated “The type of information we collect?” section to disclose which data is collected when someone signs up for our newsletter.
Updated the “Your Rights under GDPR” section to inform our newsletter subscribers about their rights regarding MailChimp.com.
1. The type of information we collect
Your privacy is very important to us. This is why we do not collect or store any of your personal information.
- When you send us a message through our Contact Us page, we’ll receive an email with your question, name and email address.
This information, as well as your IP address, also appears in our WordPress dashboard. On the legal grounds of ‘legitimate interest’ – you’re expecting us to get back to you – we will use this data to respond to your query only.
Your email, the message in our WordPress dashboard and thus your personal data will be deleted in one month from the date we first received your email.
We promise not to use your personal information for any other purposes. Since we don’t store your personal data, we don’t share or transfer it to third-parties either.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your name, email address, and estimated location based on your IP address.
This information is collected by and stored in our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com. Our company does not store any of your personal information.
Your name and email address are used to send you monthly newsletter emails with our top posts.
The legal grounds for us sending you newsletter emails is “explicit consent” – you have personally signed up to our newsletter by clicking “subscribe” and then confirmed your intent by clicking the confirmation link sent out by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
2. Is providing data mandatory?
Although it’s not mandatory to provide your email address when you contact us (you can use a non-valid email), not doing so will not allow us to get back to you.
3. Cookies & Web Beacons
The third-party websites we may link to from time to time may also collect information from you, and use or place cookies or web beacons in your browser.
That is done directly by these third parties and Loving-Community.com does not have any access to or control over these cookies. The data they collect is subject to the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
5. Google Analytics
We also use Google Analytics and thus Google Analytics cookies to understand how you interact with our site: which pages you visit, how long you read our content, etc. None of this information can personally identify you, and it is only used to analyze the usage of our site.
You can opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking software here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
The information Google collects is retained for 38 months. However, you can ask for your information to be deleted at any time. A data removal tool is made available soon and will be posted here.
Google Analytics cookies are valid for 2 years or until you delete them from your browser. Please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to disable cookies.
Google cookies also track data about your visiting behavior (i.e. which pages you visit) and the type of device you use. The cookie will expire once you close our website.
Visitors of Loving-Community.com have the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter and receive monthly emails with our top posts.
Our newsletters are managed by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
MailChimp.com uses web beacons and other tracking technologies to collect personal data during email campaigns. Read about it here.
The information they collect automatically when you read emails sent by us includes:
- Device data: Information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent by us, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: Information about dates and times you access emails sent by us and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). They also collect information regarding the performance of our newsletters, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications. This information allows them to improve the content and operation of their services, and facilitate research and analysis of their services.
Additionally, MailChimp.com may obtain information about our subscribers from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and their joint marketing partners. Examples of the information they may receive from these third-party sources include:
- demographic informations (such as your age and gender)
- device information (such as IP addresses)
- location (such as city and state)
- online behavioral data (such as information about the use of social media websites, page view information and search results, and links)
MailChimp.com uses this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) they collect to enhance their ability to provide relevant marketing and content to us and to develop and provide us with more relevant products, features, and services.
You may withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email list any time. You can do that by contacting us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive.
7. Your rights under GDPR
At any time you wish, you may contact us to request information about what kind of personal data we hold on you, how we use it, and ask us to delete it.
There are other rights you have regarding your personal data and privacy. You can find more information here: https://www.catalyst2.com/blog/gdpr-rights-consumer.
You also have different rights regarding MailChimp.com:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by submitting a request through here.
- To object to MailChimp.com processing of your Personal Information, ask them to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by emailing MailChimp at personaldatarequests[at]mailchimp.com. Read more about this here.
- To complain to a local data protection authority about their collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Data controller’s contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.