Like all modern websites, Loving-Community.com uses different types of cookies to provide our users a better and safer browsing experience.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text that are placed on your computer by a web server and then stored in the browser for next time you visit the site.
Cookies are necessary to remember your preferences, so you don’t have to enter the information again. For example, when you’re shopping online, cookies help to save the items in your shopping cart so you can return to it later. Or, if a website is available in multiple languages, cookies will remember your language preference and will serve you content in the right language during your next visit.
Types of Cookies We Use
We use a couple of different types of cookies:
1. Cookies that tell us whether you have accepted cookies on this site (so you don’t have to do it every time you visit our site.) These cookies last for 29 days.
2. Social media cookies that identify the user’s device for return visits. The cookies expire in one year.
3. Statistical cookies that track the user’s navigation on our website, including which pages were visited and how long the user stayed on those pages.
Turning Off Cookies And Deleting Them
You can delete cookies from your browser or turn them off anytime.
Find out how here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000509.htm.
Effective date: 30.04.2018
Last updated: 09.12.2020
Updates to the policy:
Clarified that our Email Marketing Tool is MailerLite.com.
1. The type of information we collect
Your privacy is very important to us. This is why we do not collect or store any of your personal information.
- When you send us a message through our Contact Us page, we’ll receive an email with your question, name and email address.
This information, as well as your IP address, also appears in our WordPress dashboard. On the legal grounds of ‘legitimate interest’ – you’re expecting us to get back to you – we will use this data to respond to your query only.
Your email, the message in our WordPress dashboard and thus your personal data will be deleted in one month from the date we first received your email.
We promise not to use your personal information for any other purposes. Since we don’t store your personal data, we don’t share or transfer it to third-parties either.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your name, email address, and estimated location based on your IP address.
This information is collected by and stored in our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com. Our company does not store any of your personal information.
Your name and email address are used to send you monthly newsletter emails with our top posts.
The legal grounds for us sending you newsletter emails is “explicit consent” – you have personally signed up to our newsletter by clicking “subscribe” and then confirmed your intent by clicking the confirmation link sent out by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
2. Is providing data mandatory?
Although it’s not mandatory to provide your email address when you contact us (you can use a non-valid email), not doing so will not allow us to get back to you.
3. Cookies & Web Beacons
The third-party websites we may link to from time to time may also collect information from you, and use or place cookies or web beacons in your browser.
That is done directly by these third parties and Loving-Community.com does not have any access to or control over these cookies. The data they collect is subject to the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
5. Google Analytics
We also use Google Analytics and thus Google Analytics cookies to understand how you interact with our site: which pages you visit, how long you read our content, etc. None of this information can personally identify you, and it is only used to analyze the usage of our site.
You can opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking software here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
The information Google collects is retained for 38 months. However, you can ask for your information to be deleted at any time. A data removal tool is made available soon and will be posted here.
Google Analytics cookies are valid for 2 years or until you delete them from your browser. Please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to disable cookies.
Google cookies also track data about your visiting behavior (i.e. which pages you visit) and the type of device you use. The cookie will expire once you close our website.
Visitors of Loving-Community.com have the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter and receive monthly emails with our top posts.
We use MailerLite.com to manage our newsletters and email marketing subscriber list.
MailerLite.com uses web beacons and other tracking technologies to collect and process your personal data using industry-standard technologies during our email campaigns. They use this data to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. You can read about it here.
The information they collect includes:
- Personal data: Your name, DoB, gender, title, and contact details you provide. Also data about personal preferences, such as your purchase history, chosen marketing preferences, and publically available social media information.
- Device data: Information about your email client type, browser, IP address, usage data, and other similar data.
- Product usage data: Information about when you opened the emails sent by us. This data is used to create reports about the performance of our email campaigns, including information about what actions you took after opening our email, which pages you visited on our website, and how much time you spent browsing our website.
You may withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email list any time. You can do that by contacting us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive.
7. Your rights under GDPR
At any time you wish, you may contact us to request information about what kind of personal data we hold on you, how we use it, and ask us to delete it.
There are other rights you have regarding your personal data and privacy. You can find more information here: https://www.catalyst2.com/blog/gdpr-rights-consumer.
You also have different rights regarding MailChimp.com:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by submitting a request through here.
- To object to MailChimp.com processing of your Personal Information, ask them to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by emailing MailChimp at personaldatarequests[at]mailchimp.com. Read more about this here.
- To complain to a local data protection authority about their collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Data controller’s contact email: lovingcommunityblog[at]gmail.com.